Rolling Beeswax Candles
Winter is the time when we are enjoying the warmth and light of candles. These beeswax candles are easy to make for people of all ages, burn beautifully and have a wonderful smell.
What’s the learning?
What you need:
- Beeswax sheets (from your local beekeeper or online)
- Candle wick (from your beekeeper, your craft shop or online)
- Cutting board
What to do:
- Place wax sheet on your cutting board
- Use ruler and knife to cut wax sheet to the desired shape
- Cut a piece of candle wick 1cm longer than the future height of the candle
- Place the wick right on the edge of the wax sheet where you want to start rolling
- Gently start rolling the wax sheet around the wick, monitoring the side that is going to be the bottom of the candle to be straight.
- Roll up the whole sheet and finish by gently pressing the last edge towards the candle.
How to safely burn a candle:
- Secure the candle on a fire proof surface like glass, ceramic or metal.
- If you are a child always have an adult with you when lighting a candle.
- Enjoy the candle light while you are in the room and blow it out when you are leaving.
Making candles gives us the opportunity to get creative, spend time together and have something that we can be proud of at the end of it. Happy candle making.